Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Wednesday, October 12, 2016

100,000 hits! @barbbradley

I'm doing the happy dance! I hit a mile marker and I couldn't do it without you guys! I hit 100,000 hits on my blog!  I wanted to do something special for this and have racked my brain.

I've had this idea in my head and have thought about writing it out so here is a free read as my thank you...Note I've been working on this for a few weeks and realize that I'll never load it if I try to write the whole thing at once so I'm going to load it in snippets and create a page for the completed story.




I opened my eyes and found myself in a white room. What the hell happened? Was I in a car accident? Pushing myself into a seated position I looked around. Never saw a doctor's office or hospital like this before.

Just as I sat up a man walked in. Damn he was cute. Chiseled features, beautiful brown hair and I could see he was well built under the white outfit he wore. He had romance hero written all over him. I wasn't sure of his age but I'd guess early thirties. He smiled and I had to smile back. He had one of those smiles I wrote about. The one that would melt any heroine's heart.

"How are you doing?" He came over to the bed and pressed his fingers against a glass wall behind me.

"Um, fine, but can you tell me where I am?" I watched as data popped up on the glass. It was a computer. Hmm. Something I should work into my futuristic books.

"Sure, you're in my medlab." He stepped back, but kept an eye on whatever was streaming on the screen behind me.

Medlab? I use that word in my futuristics. Especially the series I've been working on. Am I dreaming a very lucid dream? It felt too feel to be a dream. I could see people moving out in a corridor beyond the glass wall sealing us in. There were other patients in the room with me. Dreams normally don't go into that much detail. Did they? Mine didn't. At least I didn't think so. But what else could it be?

I looked at my doctor and noticed his eyes for the first time. How I missed them before this I didn't know. I saw gold eyes with a violet ring. It couldn't be... "Dr..."

"Just call me Kuarto."




Hopefully more next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment