Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, May 23, 2015

Welcome my Latest Guest! Amanda C. Stone!

I want to welcome Amanda C. Stone. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.

Thank you so much for having me here today Barbara. My name is Amanda, and I’m a writer! I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, but I can finally also call myself an author. I published my first book back in January and it’s been a long road to get there. Now I try to keep up with the writing so I can get some of the stories out of my head and share them with everyone else.

Tell us about your latest release.

My latest release is actually my first release. Hooray! *throws confetti* It’s a set of six short stories all about one couple and their crazy adventures. Cole and Perry meet in a bar and we get to see some of the highlights of their relationship together.

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

Gladly! I love answering fun things.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?

I’ve always loved the original Cat Woman. She wasn’t a true villain, more like she was one step ahead of Batman. But she was intriguing and skirted the line between good and bad. Of course the evolution of her costume was pretty fabulous too.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

That’s a tough one because I get attached to my characters. I’d say so far my favorite is Kedrick, a guy I’m writing right now. He had his whole world destroyed when his husband was killed in combat so he has to pick up the pieces of his life. I think he’s my favorite because he deals with things that I hope to never have to deal with.

3.) What do genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

I write romance. I love happy endings. I want people to fall in love and stay in love so that’s what I write. All the other sub genres are based on where the characters take me. So far I’ve been writing gay contemporary romance. I’ve got some ideas for paranormal romance with shifters and vampires and fae and all of those fabulous things. I also started world building a high fantasy series. But that’s going to take a long time because I want my world to be rich and full so I’m drawing maps and creating governments along with the rules of the world so that’s going to take some time before I can even get to the writing part.

4.) What are you working on now?

I’m finishing up a novella about a teacher and a parent meeting on “Parent Night”. There are all kinds of obstacles in their way of course. One is socially awkward, the other is accused of giving away grades. Plus there’s a kid involved so that makes in all the more interesting. I’m hoping to have it out by the end of the summer.

5.) What got you to start writing?

I’ve always had stories in my head. I told stories before I could write them down myself so my mom wrote them down. Once I was old enough to write stories, I wrote them all in my completely awesome Batman notebook. I kept writing though high school when some very hurtful things were said about my writing and I stopped. I kept journaling and writing a handful of thoughts here and there. But no more stories until after I graduated college and started reading for fun again. Then it didn’t stop. I’ve written a bunch of stories, or pieces of stories, since then. I’m still working on the publishing part of it.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

My plot bunnies are actually kind of violent. They tend to hit me when I’m doing something mindless and my brain goes into crazy “What if” mode. One of my ideas came while I was driving to my in-law’s house on the highway and I swerved the car when it hit me. If that’s not where the idea comes from, then the ideas come from pictures. I love picture inspiration because I’m such a visual person. That’s my biggest hurdle is getting the picture in my head onto paper so others can see it as well as I can.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

I used to be a singer. Sang in chorus and some wonderful vocal groups all through high school. However I have terrible stage fright. I can sing quite well, but only in a group where I’m not the center of attention.

8.) Do you have any special talents?

I can roll my tongue! Oh! I also speak fluent sarcasm. *laughs*

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

I never really got an advice as an aspiring author. However I have picked up some good tips along the way. Keep writing, get some good beta readers and a better editor.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

Oh wow! That’s a pretty big range of people to choose from. I’d go fictional and want to have a lunch date with The Doctor. We’d talk about some of the crazy things he’s seen. I’d ask what his top five favorite planets and time periods are. He’d likely spend half the lunch narrowing it down that much. It would be lovely. Of course I’d ask for a chance to see inside the TARDIS before we left.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

Only one?! But I can’t just pick one! I’d say something mellow, but upbeat, fun lyrics, but still relaxed and laid back. Does that song have a name, because that’s me.

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

Dolphins are pretty fun and still highly intelligent. Plus I love the ocean. Though being a turtle would be fun too. Get a built in place to hide when things get to be too much.

Thank you for having me here today! I loved stopping by.




 The Adventures Of Cole And Perry

Blurb:
It all started when Cole met Perry in a bar. Over three years they had some exciting adventures, and misadventures. The six stories included in this book are all about their journey from bar to wedding.

The Anniversary
Another cancellation of plans by his boyfriend forces Cole out to the neighbourhood bar. Not long after arriving he meets Perry. Even as exciting as Perry is, he's unsure how the night will end.

The Fight
Cole and Perry are struggling to make time for each other and constantly at each other’s throats. A fight to the death will decide who is right or wrong in their arguments. But Cole really doesn't want to shoot Perry.

The Threesome
Deciding they want to spice up things in the bedroom, Perry wants to have a one-time threesome. Cole's nervous and doesn't want to ask any of their friends to join them. Perry finds the perfect solution.

The House
After two and a half years together, Cole and Perry want to buy a house. Once they find the perfect house, they get to spend their first morning together in their new space. Perry will have to help Cole decide which room is his favorite.

The Baby
Both Cole and Perry are exhausted. Taking care of a three month old is hard when she's up all night and is always hungry. If only they could find where they put the bottle warmer.

The Wedding
Cole is ready to make his commitment to Perry life-long. After careful planning, they created the perfect event. What could possibly go wrong? If only Cole didn't ask the same question.

Excerpt:
“Cole. I have a surprise for you. I want you to close your eyes and keep them closed until I tell you to open them.”

Cole looked up from his magazine at the doorway Perry’s voice drifted in from. He put the magazine on his nightstand and closed his eyes.

“They’re closed,” he called out. He wasn’t sure where Perry was in their apartment, but he sounded close.

Rustling and a strange squeaking noise reached his ears. Cole furrowed his brows trying to figure out what Perry was up to and what he was hearing.

“Okay. Go ahead and open your eyes.”

Cole popped his eyes open. He closed them and then re-opened them again. Nope, he still was seeing what was in front of him.

“Perry. Why is there--?”

Perry cut him off before Cole could finish his thought.

“So, we had talked about fantasies and things like that. I told you this was mine. So I’d like to introduce you to Freddy. Freddy, I’d like to introduce you to my boyfriend, Cole.”

Cole smiled at how nervous Perry was. His boyfriend was adorable trying to be brave with his ideas.

“Nice to meet you, um, Freddy. Perry, where did you meet Freddy?”

Perry had a small smile on his face that showed Cole he appreciated he was alright with what was happening.

“Online. I found Freddy on some website. Can’t remember the name now.”

Cole was stunned. His boyfriend didn’t go to those types of websites for any reason. Just meant Perry wanted to have the threesome and was willing to do it without asking one of their friends. Cole was so happy Perry had found a way to have his fantasy.

Buy Links:
About Amanda C. Stone:

Armed with her Batman notebook, fourth grade Amanda C. Stone was ready to start writing stories about unicorns, family members, and her imaginary friends Pink Amanda and Blue Amanda. Today, Amanda is armed with a new notebook, along with a laptop, and a never-ending supply of caffeine. Her stories are about all kinds of things, but the most important aspect is people falling in love.

Where to find Amanda:

Newsletter Signup: http://eepurl.com/ZF60L
Email: amandastonebooks at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment