Tink...tink...tink...anyone out there? Hi! I'm Barbara Donlon Bradley - Author - editor and slightly crazy - ask anyone in my family. I hope to use this blog to talk about writing, editing and whatever pops in my head. Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, June 3, 2017

What happened to Barbara Donlon Bradley?

Actually, nothing.

But I did fall off the radar.  I haven't been posting for what? Six months? And the six months before that I had to push myself to get my interviews up on time.

I needed a break so I took one.

First, let me catch you up to speed.  First lets start with life in general. I was care-giver for my mother-in-law for six years. While we lived with her I started writing my Vespian Way series and wrote nine, almost ten books during that time. I think I wrote to escape because she and I banged heads a lot.

Sometime in June/July of last year I just stopped writing. I think it was my way of morning her passing back in February of 2016. I also picked up a part-time job that has me up at 4:30 in the morning two days a week. Now that might not sound like much, but it actually messes up four days for me because I have to go to bed so darn early the day before and am normally too tired to think the days I work those early hours.

I also have been thinking about leaving my publisher, which is for another blog. So writing wasn't something I wanted to do. I still edited for the publisher I work for, but everything went by the wayside.

I'm glad I did that. I needed to take a step away.

Now I'm ready to get back to it.

Barb:)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! We took a break, too - sometimes life happens. Sorry for your loss, glad you gave yourself some time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adriana - life does happen and each of us needs to find the right way to deal with it or we can't move on.

    ReplyDelete