Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, January 14, 2017

Keeping it all in Prospective @barbbradley

Hi All!

Happy New year! Belated Merry Christmas/what you celebrate! I've had one heck of a year. I'm sure those of you that follow me have noticed I have all but disappeared. Oh sure I posted my interviews but nothing else.

I found my time gone and I blamed it on everything but the real cause. It took the holidays to make me look at what I've not been doing.

I haven't been writing.

When I was elected the president of the Chesapeake Romance Writers, a local chapter of RWA, I realized then I wasn't writing. At that time I had a writing partner who had stopped writing. How could I tell the authors in the group to write every day when I wasn't? So I started on a Portrait in Time and the rest is history.

I think this blog is the same thing. Here I am giving advise and sharing handouts from my and my mother-in-law's collection and I'm not writing. How can I do that and feel good about myself?



I realized I was in mourning over the loss of my mother-in-law back in February. I just had a weird way of showing it. The series I've been working on, the Vespian Way, was all written while I cared for June and I think I used the excuse of what to do with my series as an excuse to step back and think about it. Then this past Sunday I had to put my beloved cat, Dina, down. That's Madame Fluffy Bottom above. That brought it all full circle.

I have started writing again. I'm editing a book I wrote years ago and am revamping sections of it to make it sooo much stronger.  When I'm ready I'll go back to the Vespian Way. Those character's aren't leaving me alone so I know they'll keep pushing until I get back to book 10 and start book 11. That I'm happy about, but since I haven't lined up any interviews for the next few weeks I think I'm going to take a step back. Line up some great speakers starting in February and face 2017 head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment