Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, February 6, 2016

Welcome my Latest Guest Colleen Myers! @ColleenSMyers #amwriting

I want to welcome Colleen. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.

Colleen plays many roles. Not only is she a veteran, a mother, and a practicing physician, but she is a writer of science fiction and contemporary romances. Colleen’s dreams include surviving her son’s teenage years, exploring every continent on this planet, except Antartica, cause that’s way too cold, and winning the Nobel peace prize. Dream BIG! Her first novel, MUST REMEMBER came out in November. You can also look for her at Three Rivers Romance Writers, at Facebook  Colleen Myers, and at @ColleenSMyers.



Tell us about your latest release.

It is a science fiction romance. A what if type novel. There is an apocalyptic event and alien abduction where you find out all is not what it seems with human evolution.

Book Blurb:

Nineteen-year-old Elizabeth ‘Beta’ Camden is a survivor.

When the E’mani—those pale alien freaks—destroy Earth with a plague of madness and scoop up the remains, Beta is one of the ‘lucky’ ones. For years, she endures their tortures, experiments and games. Then one day, she manages to escape their ship with her life, and no memory of her time with them.

Stranded on their world, Beta wanders the mountains, looking for a way home. She stumbles onto the Fost—the E’mani’s ancient enemy. Their war with the E’mani is old and rooted in magic that the Fost once had and the E’mani crave. Magic Beta soon discovers she’s developing along with strange tattoos and disturbing glimpses of her past. The Fost take her in and train her in their ways. As she spends more time with them, she falls in love with their culture and with Marin—he of the hot hands and slit eyes.

But the E’mani took her for a reason and they want her back—dead or alive. If Beta doesn’t remember that reason soon, they’re all going to die.

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?

Hugh from Kate Daniels series. Sexy but flawed.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

Kate Daniels.

3.) What do genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

I write Science Fiction/Fantasy and Contemporary Romance.  The reason? I love fantasy. I am constantly daydreaming. Given my day job, not during the day, so in my free time, I love to create new worlds and happy endings.

4.) What are you working on now?

A contemporary romance dealing with PTSD in a returning soldier and his high school sweetheart!

5.) What got you to start writing?

I was reading one of my favorite authors who I LOVE, but I remember reading one book and hating the ending. I remember yelling about it and my hubby said, “Well why don’t you write your own book then.” So I did.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

Everywhere. Anywhere. Real life.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

I love tattoos and Electronic dances music.

8.) Do you have any special talents?

Umm, not that I can share publically? Hehe.

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

Never give up, Never surrender (also the theme to Galaxy Quest) but it is true. If you really want to accomplish something, not just writing, you need to apply yourself.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

Mother Theresa. I love her as a public figure and as a feminine role model. I would talk about giving.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

Hm, I can’t think of one, it changes constantly. I love to use music to get me into a scene. Right now I would say Open Heart by Morgan Page.

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

Honey badger. LOL. I just love the meme regarding him. But no seriously a cat. I love cats. I would be a total lap cat.







Social links

No comments:

Post a Comment