Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Thursday, September 3, 2015

Writing Down the Bones: Story Construction and Evaluation The Romance Novel Pt 7 Resolution

Just a quick note before I get back to the handout. I won't be having any guests for the next two weeks. One is because of the holiday. Next weekend I plan on being out of town visiting family and knew it would be difficult getting anything uploaded.

Now, the section of Janice Bennett's handout is dealing with resolution.

As always I try to write everything in my own words but still keep the information given as close to the original as possible,

1.) Do you have your most dramatic moment as the resolution of the story?

2.) Does it support the premise?

3.) Does your resolution surprise your reader or can they predict it,

4.) Does it have a satisfying ending? Is it full of emotion? Any poetic justice?

5.) Did you tie up all those loose ends? If not did you give a satisfying reason for not doing it Like hinting at a sequel or series?

7.) * number six was a repeat of number four in my opinion so I skipped it. Did you build the tension up so it is as high as it can be at the end of your story?

8.) * eight is a lot like 5 but Janice does ask if you have the plot threads tied up before the romance is settled?

No comments:

Post a Comment