Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, October 18, 2014

Meet My Latest Guest Kasey Moone! #Phaze

Welcome Kasey Moone. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.
I’ve been writing interracial erotic romance for about 5 years now. I actually started writing literary fiction then switched to romance writing because I enjoyed it better. I’ve always been a huge romance fan, and when I started writing in the genre, I knew instantly it was the genre I was supposed to explore. What else…I’m a die-hard romantic at heart and I love writing!

Tell us about your latest release.
Campus Touch is a story that I am self-publishing through Amazon, Smashwords, and AllRomance. It should be out sometime in November, if not sooner. It is the second book in my Edson College series, which a paranormal series that follows a group of hunky werewolf cousins in a prestigious college in Michigan. They are all very rowdy, funny cousins, and they all find their better halves (or lifemates) on campus. It’s a quick, action-packed story that I think readers will enjoy. The story focuses on a white male and a black female. The first book in the series is entitled Campus Prowl and is available at Amazon and AllRomance.

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?
Wicked Witch of the East. She was the first villain that really frightened me as a child. Guess I haven’t gotten over it.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?
That’s a hard one! Definitely Anelle Franklin from my first story Her Snowbound Knight. I like her because she’s tough but vulnerable, and of course she’s the first character I ever written in the romance genre that made me want to explore the industry. She’ll always be my first love. Her and her handsome man, Jasper Madison.

3.) What do genre do you write? What made you pick that one?
Interracial erotica. I picked interracial because I believe love crosses all boundaries (race, religion, political status) and I want to give a voice to couples that may be underrepresented in the romance industry. I also think it’s fun writing about two people from different backgrounds. An interracial writer can explore important topic.

4.) What are you working on now?
An interracial, contemporary romance called Small Talk. Then it’s off to another book in the Edson College series!

5.) What got you to start writing?
I started writing when I was 12, and wrote my first novel too! It was called Trouble in Rainbow Land. LOL. I started writing because I was always a quiet kid, sort of a loner, very imaginative and creative, I liked making up stories. I was a bit of a fibber—and sometimes that would get me in trouble. One day I channeled that energy into actually writing stories and the rest is history. I studied writing all throughout school, and even have a graduate degree in it. It is truly my passion. I can’t imagine doing anything else and I hope to do it full-time in the near future.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?
Small moments. Something totally insignificant will happen, and I’ll brainstorm in my head for a few moments to try to figure out if a story could come from it. Sometimes I get it from watching movies, television shows, conversations I overhear. But it’s usually something totally random that has me rushing to my notebook to record it.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?
I’ve lived in nine different places in my lifetime. And no, I was not running from the cops.

8.) Do you have any special talents?
Double jointed. Used to dance professionally. Excellent listener. Can remember random movie quotes.

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?
“Write with your heart in the first draft, and with your brain in the second.” For some reason, that always stayed with me. One of my instructors offered this advice to me in school, and it’s helped me not to be so critical of myself in the first draft. Note: I used to have a terrible inner critic.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?
Muhammad Ali. I love his confidence. Don’t know what I’d ask him though.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?
Nelly Furtado’s “I’m Like a Bird”  -- because I’m a bit of a free spirit, very independent, creative, warm. I like my freedom.

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?
A mighty Lion. Leos rule.





Henrietta “Rita” Evans has always been known as the quiet, black girl on campus, some folks even nicknaming her “Mute” in jest. And she doesn’t expect much out of her Winter Break at Edson College, but an equally quiet environment. Until a member of the white campus elite starts running behind her dormitory late at night. Starts warning her to stay away from him and the woods. Starts making her feel more alive than she’s felt in a very long time…

Something is happening to Sal. Something he can’t control. Something threatening his last year of college and family’s werewolf heritage. And what’s worse, a quiet, mocha beauty can’t seem to mind her own business, tempting him at every turn. Who cares if she has the sweetest lips he’s ever seen? Who cares if her scent drives him mad? He has to keep her at a distance, for much more is at stake than the heat blazing between them.

And if he doesn’t put it out, they’ll both burn…
Campus Touch, Second Book in the Edson College Romance Series
Preorder Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment