Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Friday, January 4, 2013

Ramdom Thoughts: And the New Year Begins

Glad to know we made it past the end of the Mayan calendar. Now we start the new year. I'm excited to see 2013. I have a good feeling about it. My series doesn't seem to be stopping - I'm already thinking about book eight while finishing the edits on book six and writing book seven. I'm excited to see where this series will take me.

Personally, my family is in good health, and finances are starting to look better so I might be able do a few of the things I haven't been able to do in a few years, like going to the Romantic Times conference.  I haven't been able to do that because, like so many others, we got hit by the newest recession or whatever the gov't called it and am just starting to peek up above the water. I was treading hard there to keep everything afloat for a while and got to say it got tiring.

Overall though I feel blessed. Been married for almost twenty-eight years, we celebrate that milestone at the end of the month, and still in love. I have an eighteen year old in college who is the joy of my life. Strong relationships with my family. 

Life is good.

Barb:)

Phaze is having a sale! 50% off - through the 5th of Jan  - the code is santa when you check out.

http://www.phaze.com/author.php?author=21

No comments:

Post a Comment