Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, November 12, 2016

Please Welcome Trevan Rogers!

I want to welcome Trevann Rogers. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.
Tell us about your latest release.

I’ve recently released an urban fantasy novella titled After Midnight. It’s the prequel to my first novel, House of the Rising Son, and it clears up a few unanswered questions. Here’s the blurb:

After Midnight
Prequel to House of the Rising Son
Living After Midnight Series
Author: Trevann Rogers
Genre: Urban Fantasy Romance

Improbable love. Impossible life. Immeasurable danger.
Jewell’s stepfather thinks she’s worthless. She agrees. When she looks in the mirror she sees an overweight, overemotional, overeating mess who can’t keep her fangs to herself.
Ria hails from a family of old world vamps who'd be happy to share their wealth with her, if only she’d fall in line. Fat chance, especially since being in that line includes not being gay.
Being in love is easy for Ria and Jewell—the young vampires belong together like vodka and tomato juice. Adding Cheyenne, a talented and sexy incubus, to their union is the hot sauce in their Bloody Mary. The only problem? Vampires and incubi are mortal enemies.
Despite the odds Ria, Jewell and Cheyenne find their way to happiness. But Jewell is hiding a huge secret, one that defies the laws of procreation: She’s going to have a baby.
While she tries to figure out how to break the unbelievable news to her lovers, a horror from Jewell’s past slithers into her present, forcing choices no one should have to make.
Will it be love or death? Happiness or safety? She has until dawn to decide...and it's already After Midnight.

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1. Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?

Tough first question! It would have to be Zillah, from Poppy Z. Brite’s Lost Souls, for all the wrong reasons. He’s completely amoral, totally gorgeous…and true to who he is from start to finish. And what a finish it was.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

Cheyenne, the incubus rock star, is hands down my favorite character. He first appears in House of the Rising Son. There are so many reasons I love him. First—incubus AND rocker? They don’t come sexier than that. More importantly, however, is his love for his children. He loves them so deeply, enjoys their quirkiness, and he would die for them.

3.) What do genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

Urban Fantasy and paranormal romance. I write what I like to read. I’ve loved the genre since reading Interview with a Vampire. Man oh man, was that a sexy book.

4.) What are you working on now?

A few things. My writing group is putting out a holiday anthology in late November, so there is some pressure to get a winter-ish short story done. I’m also working on Cheyenne’s continued trials, tribulations and romantic journey in the sequel to House of the Rising Son, and a YA urban fantasy set in the same world.

5.) What got you to start writing?

Believe it or not, I belong to a circle of penpals who have been writing for two decades. We started sharing stories we made up, even circulated an underground newsletter. I started to fall in love with the worlds that were swirling around in my head. Seemed a natural progression to write a book.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

Music, mostly. Lyrics and songs set a mood and spark feelings. Mood and feelings start stories. For me, anyway.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

They’d be shocked to find that in addition to book boyfriends, I have a couple of WWE boyfriends, too. Randy Orton…Roman Reigns…You probably shouldn’t get me started.

8.) Do you have any special talents?

I seem to make traffic lights turn red. All the time, but especially when I’m in a hurry.

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

“Write what you love.” There is occasionally pressure to write to the market, or to the latest “thing”, or to one editor or another’s wish list. But I know that wouldn’t be my best work, and it wouldn’t be fun for me.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

I would talk to Damon, from Vampire Diaries. I beg him to never forget his true nature, as he is far, far sexier when he is his evil, serial killer self. The touchy-feely Damon doesn’t become him. Oh, and a few minutes to bask in the beauty that is him wouldn’t hurt either.
I think I might like to talk to Dean Winchester too, but that would be risky—for him, as I am likely to throw myself at his feet, naked, and not let go.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

“Voices”, Randy Orton’s theme song. “I hear voices in my head, they council me, they understand. They talk to me.” Fitting for a writer, no?

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

Easy. A cat. They’re pampered and nothing is expected of them. Not even walking on a leash. I remember seeing this cat video on Facebook where the cat is looking at her owner while slowly pushing a glass vase off of the table. Yup. That’s me.




EXCERPT:

The choice between staying in on a Saturday night to clean and going to see Cheyenne at his first real gig hadn’t been a complicated decision. He was a world-class rocker who could play the guitar like a fiend and had a voice that made you feel…everything. Or made you horny. And hell if she didn’t love him. Damn incubus.
She reached across him and caressed Jewell’s side. Jewell’s eyes opened and she stared expressionless at the ceiling, hyper-alert to danger. It always took a few moments after resurrecting for her to remember where she was and who was with her, but since moving into their new home it seemed to take even longer.
Ria sighed. She’d do anything if it would help Jewell feel safe enough to die each dawn and awaken peacefully. “All is well, Babydoll. It’s just me. Time to rise and twinkle with the stars.”
“Already?” Jewell scrunched her eyes and blinked as if trying to focus them.
Cheyenne lay his head on the soft swell of Jewell’s belly. “Didn’t we just go to bed?”
Ria kissed his back and licked a slow trail down his spine. “Hours ago. Did we tucker out the poor little sex demon?”
“Not hardly, dead girl.”
She grabbed a fistful of his hair and turned him to face her. “That’s undead girl, thank you.” She bit his lower lip and let it drag between her teeth. “Show us what you’ve got left.”

BUY LINKS:

You can find AFTER MIDNIGHT at http://amzn.to/2dEOt59
HOUSE OF THE RISING SON, Book 1 in the series, is available at http://amzn.to/2bmiPx8


No comments:

Post a Comment