Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, July 30, 2016

Welcome My Latest Guest Lynda Bailey! @AuthorLyndaB

I want to welcome Lynda Bailey. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.

Thanks so much for hosting me, Barbara! I have no doubt I was born a storyteller. I remember telling my first “story” in kindergarten when I informed my teacher, Mrs. Downing, that my mom had just had a baby boy. She hadn’t, of course, and while I got thoroughly admonished for my “storytelling,” I wasn’t deterred from what would become a lifelong passion. From making up tales as a kid which centered around my favorite TV shows to today, I love telling stories! Stories with handsome guys and spunky gals, that always…always end with a happily-ever-after.

Tell us about your latest release.

On a Knife’s Edge is a romantic suspense set in the small, fictional town of Stardust, Nevada. It’s a story of lost love and where the line between trust and treason is razor thin…

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?

Ooh…favorite villain…I’d hafta say Snape from Harry Potter, because he ended up NOT being the bad guy, but the most heroic character in the series.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

That’s like asking someone to pick their favorite child – which is easy for me as I've only got one son. But favorite character…no can do. They’re ALL my favorites, especially when they behave. 

3.) What do genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

On a Knife’s Edge is my first forage into romantic suspense and I've also written a western historical erotic romance, Wildflower. Everything else is contemporary, erotic romance. I like writing contemporary because I don’t care for doing the research or world-building necessary for historicals or paranormals. And the erotic part is because I like that too. *wink*

4.) What are you working on now?

I’m plotting out Mended Trust, which is the second in my Trustworthy Texas Trilogy.

5.) What got you to start writing?

As I said before I've always been a storyteller, but I didn’t start putting the stories on paper didn’t until I was in my 30’s. I think the characters in my head finally got tired of being locked up and busted down the walls!

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

Pretty much anywhere. I've been inspired by a female auto mechanic, reality TV shows and the disabled man living down the street. Once you open yourself up to the possible, there’s a never-ending stream of ideas.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

That I was once a certified welder.

8.) Do you have any special talents?

Does drinking wine count?

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

To never give up. Hard to do, especially when the rejection letters, lousy sales and bad reviews come your way. But I realize now that storytelling/writing is in my blood. To stop, I think I’d hafta be dead.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

Alan Rickman who played Snape in the Harry Potter movies. I don’t think I’d talk about anything. I’d just listen to him…

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

The Beat Goes On

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

At first I wanted to say a wolf or polar bear, but I think in reality I’d want to come back as a service dog. They bring such joy to their owners, are so vital to their owners’ lives…and I like that.




Blurb:

She was once his sweet salvation…
Lynch Callan has been a dead man walking most of his life—nothing out of the ordinary for a member of the 5th Street biker gang. There was a brief period, though, when she made him believe he could be more. That he could be worthy of her, and her love. To protect her, and keep their relationship from being discovered, he went to prison. Except now the Streeters are in danger. But in order to save his crew, he must first betray them. If caught, he’ll end up dead for sure. It’ll be the mother of all balancing acts—especially with her in the picture. But Lynch will do whatever is necessary to protect the people he loves.

He was once her deepest desire…
Shasta Albright doesn’t break the rules. Not anymore. As an unruly teenager, she defied her family at every turn…even secretly befriending, then dating, then falling in love with a bad boy Streeter. Finally her recklessness caught up with her—with lasting and even dire consequences. Now she leads a pristine existence, always staying within the lines and keeping her secrets hidden. That is until he gets released from prison. Can Shasta hold her perfect world together, or will everything get hurled into chaos?

With young girls going missing, the sleepy town of Stardust, Nevada becomes an unlikely epicenter for an illicit slave trade—with Shasta and Lynch caught in the middle. Amidst the rising body count, they fight to keep their loved ones—and each other—safe. A single slipup could have deadly repercussions. It’s an untenable and treacherous position. Much like walking On a Knife’s Edge…


Excerpt: 

A loud thump from the bedrooms jolted Shasta’s heart. She hastened to her feet. Adjusting her sweaty hold on Newman’s gun, she tiptoed toward the unlit hallway. Slow, steady footsteps approached.

“Agent Newman?”

No answer. But the footfalls grew nearer.

She retreated as an indistinguishable figure gradually walked forward. She knew it was a man, but she also realized it wasn’t Agent Newman. This man was taller and not as broad in the shoulders.

The first thing she saw were his shoes. Even in the weak illumination, she could tell they were expensive, with a polished shine. Next came slacks with crisp, tight creases. Newman wore a disheveled suit.

“Agent…Newman?” She hated that her voice quaked.

“No…not Agent Newman.”

Shasta recoiled at the familiar baritone voice.

Links:



2 comments:

  1. Oh, scary stuff! Lynda, I don't do scary! :-) Otherwise, I love your stories!So can you give a warning? Does this fit under cozy or flat-out scary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say it's flat-out scary, E. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete