Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I've been thinking,,,

I just realized that Tuesday has come and gone and I haven't posted in a while. I know, I was the caregiver of my mother-in-law and she has moved on so I deserve to grieve. Take the time I need to work my way through this.

I also know it's so easy to get out of a habit of doing something. They say it takes 21 days for something to become habit, yet I've worked hard to do something good for me like exercise everyday just to drop it months later. I must push myself. It's to easy to backslide if you don't so I started writing this post.

I read the letter that Samhain sent to their authors, letting them know they were closing their doors. This saddens me. I've heard of a couple of publishers closing recently. There are so many reasons for this but when they mentioned that the cost of having books at some of the third party sellers was something that effected their bottom line that struck a cord with me.

I wrote my books, yet a good chunk goes to to these sellers before we (me and my publisher) see any of it. It's one of the reasons I always put my publisher as my buy link when I'm visiting other blogs. I make more if my books are bought directly from the publisher, but I sell more when I put the large sellers.

I wish there was a way to educate our readers. Let them know that to support the author they love they should buy from our publishers when they can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment