Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Updates and a thought about writing

If you noticed I didn't post an interview this past weekend. I had decided to take this past weekend off because of a birthday bash I had for several members of my family. I will also not be posting an interview on the weekend of Memorial because I will be out of town. July 4th will be the same way.

This week I'm just posting this update due to the fact I have a family emergency to deal with. Nothing too bad but it's taking all my time right now.

Something I've been thinking of writing is a group of things that has happened to my friends and family over the years. We've all done some really goofy things and I think it could be really funny if I could come up with a plot. My brain has been thinking about this for a while and I think I have come up with an idea. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I've been thinking about using that as a blog so I can show how my writing process is but I sure don't want to bore you with how many pages I have so I still need to figure out how I can entertain and still show how I work from beginning to final draft.

Barb:)

No comments:

Post a Comment