Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, August 31, 2013

Technical Stuff - updating my Blog

Hi All!

I'm updating this blog and am adding pages to it - I don't know if anyone has noticed it yet but I have already added a page with my contact stuff as well as inexpensive promo's and I'll be adding more.

My goal is to make it easy for writers to find what we're looking for all in one place. It's not easy to scour the web to find place to advertise your particular baby. Maybe this will make it a little easier.

I'm putting a list together for free advertising as well as well a couple of pages for where an author can blog. I have been blogging everywhere lately and I found them because of the yahoo groups I'm on. I don't think I would have found them if I hadn't been on those groups.

I'll be adding to these lists as I learn of new blogs or places to advertise. If you know of some feel free to let me know about it in the comment section.

Same thing goes for being listed on the blog hosts pages - if you host authors and you're interested in being added leave me a comment with the name of the blog, blog address, what your requirements are, and contact info. I do have this blog set for approval by me before I release it so if you're afraid sensitive material will be released don't be - just let me know not to post it and I won't.

Barb:)

No comments:

Post a Comment