Tink...tink...tink...anyone out there? Hi! I'm Barbara Donlon Bradley - Author - editor and slightly crazy - ask anyone in my family. I hope to use this blog to talk about writing, editing and whatever pops in my head. Hope you enjoy.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Random Thoughts: Snow

I love snow. Where I live we don't get it that often, maybe once or twice a year and it rarely sticks so I'm always like a child when it starts. When it blankets everything it's like the world got a clean slate to work with. The silence of it as it falls wraps you in a cocoon, allowing you to forget everything for a moment.

Bundling up and standing in it for a few moments allows me to enjoy the wonder. It clears my soul of all the clutter it has collected for the year. That first snowfall is beautiful. The soft flakes land on my face like kisses, absorbing my frustrations and fears and allowing me to see the world in a different light.

There are times when we all need to forget the clutter that fills our lives and snow does that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment