Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, July 12, 2014

Meet My Guest: JoAnne Myers!

JoAnne is back and with her own set of questions...


Welcome JoAnne!

Tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out? My biography true crime anthology, Twisted Love,   has been released through Black Rose Writing.

How would you describe yourself using only five words? shy, awkward, quiet, plumb, ambitious

Do you have any guilty pleasures? food/desserts

If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say? quiet/shy/ ambitious, helpful, friendly

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. that I suppress my feelings

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? French Riviera

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?  just think of something to start a story with whether that be a character or setting

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?  my fantasy anthology “Loves’, Myths’, and Monsters’,”  because it stars characters that are not often written about, such as the Mothman, the Chupracabra, mermaids, a demonic cellmate, a love curse, and reincarnation.

Is there something special you do to celebrate when one of your books is released?  have a steak dinner

Could you tell us a couple of favorite books that inspired you to write? Charlotte’s Web- Black Beauty



Blurb for “Twisted Love” available here: http://www.blackrosewriting.com/other/twisted-love

            A collection of true crime cases from Ohio and surrounding states, featuring riveting cases of obsession, lust, murder, secret lives, and sexual depravity. It showcases the chilling reality that homicide investigators know all too well: the last face most murder victims see is not that of a stranger, but of someone familiar.
            Whether only an acquaintance or a trusted intimate, such killers share a common trait that triggers the downward spiral toward death for another: they are masters at hiding who they really are. Their clever masks let them appear safe, kind, and truthful. They are anything but — and almost no one can detect the murderous impulses buried deep in their psyches.
            In these shattering inside views of both headlined and little-known homicides, I, the author, speak for vulnerable victims who loved or befriended the wrong people.
            My book begins with the startling investigations, of the kidnapping and murder of young wife and mother Autumn Renee Williams. In March 22, 2011, a small-town alley was the setting for this ambush and kidnapping.
            What really happened to the victims depicted in “Twisted Love”? Baffling questions remain unanswered, for hundreds of people. If anyone had detected the depth of depravity within these psychopathic killers, perhaps their victims who loved or trusted them would have been saved. In these riveting cases of obsession, lust, murder, secret lives, and sexual depravity, I expose the twisted truth behind the façades of Twisted Love-12 cases of love gone bad.

Author Bio:

I have been a long-time resident of southeastern Ohio, and worked in the blue-collar industry most of my life. Besides having several novels under my belt, I canvas paint.
When not busy with hobbies or working outside the home, I spend time with relatives, my dog Jasmine, and volunteer my time within the community. I am a member of the International Women’s Writing Guild, Savvy Authors, Coffee Time Romance, Paranormal Romance Guild, True Romance Studios, National Writers Association, the Hocking Hill's Arts and Craftsmen Association, The Hocking County Historical Society and Museum, and the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center. I believe in family values and following your dreams. My original canvas paintings, can be found at: booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com

Other books by Jo Anne:

"MURDER MOST FOUL" a detective/mystery anthology
"LOVES', MYTHS' AND MONSTERS'," a fantasy anthology
"THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY," a biography true-crime
“POEMS ABOUT LIFE, LOVE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN”
“WICKED INTENTIONS” a paranormal anthology

Other books soon available:

“FLAGITIOUS,” a crime/mystery anthology available in August





2 comments:

  1. Hi JoAnne,
    Great interview. Always nice to find out more about an author.
    The fact that you are a painter as well as a writer is fascinating. I can write, but as for drawing/painting, I couldn't draw two straight lines on a piece of paper, so I envy you your talent.
    Regards
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping in Sarah. As for drawing and painting, I think it just takes practice, like writing. Nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete