Tink...tink...tink...anyone out there? Hi! I'm Barbara Donlon Bradley - Author - editor and slightly crazy - ask anyone in my family. I hope to use this blog to talk about writing, editing and whatever pops in my head. Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Meet Mary Corrales! @MaryCorrales_A1

I was on hiatus the last two weeks. Between having family in town and my birthday at the end of October I knew my time would be limited.

So I'm back and have a wonderful new guest for you. I want to welcome Mary Corrales. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.

I'm an author who's been writing for several years in the genre of erotica/erotic romance. I'm also an avid reader. My mom used to buy me so many books as a child that the stores often ran out of new books for me to read. I started reading romances in my late teens. From there I was hooked and wanted to write my own version of happily ever after with my own heroes.

Tell us about your latest release.

My latest release is titled, Sindriel. The story is a paranormal fantasy erotic romance. This book is the sequel to Love's Demon Ways, but is a stand-alone novel. Readers who love to see that darker hero redeemed will enjoy this book. There are also plenty of naughty scenes to that will get your toes to curl. *wink*

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why? Right now I'm into watching Lucifer on TV. Talk about a sexy villain. He makes bad look soooo good.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

My favorite character has to be Sindriel. He's been bugging me to write his book and it took several years to get it right. He was picky about everything from his lover to what he'd do in the book. Talk about a dictator. This book underwent a few revisions to accentuate his demonic nature. In the end, I'm happy with the book and I know readers will love him. He's still bugging me to put him in future WIPS as a secondary character. We'll see.

3.) What genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

I write in several erotica/erotic romance genres. My most prolific is paranormal and fantasy. I love my vampires, and demons, I guess. They're edgy and dangerous which makes them all the more challenging when it comes to love.

4.) What are you working on now?

I'm a confessed story jumper. I work on several stories at once, depending on my mood. I have at least five WIPs at the moment, a few paranormal and one dystopian. The closest book I have to being finished is a contemporary erotica titled, Clandestine Engagements. It's a novella version of two short stories I wrote years ago. It's very steamy.

5.) What got you to start writing?

Ever since I was a child I was a prolific reader and later that translated to reading romanced and wanting to write my own 'happily ever after'. I think I committed myself to becoming an author though, when I met my best friend, Kari Thomas. Her books are amazing and she's a wonderfully supportive friend.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

I have a dirty mind. Lol. Actually, I can't say what gives me ideas. Sometimes it's just a moment I experience that sticks with me and a character evolves from it.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

I'm actually rather shy, despite the easy way that I can write erotic scenes.

8.) Do you have any special talents?

I read people. I have an innate talent for body language. It comes in hand while writing as well.

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

Do not head hop. It's taken skill and work to get this behavior out of me. A lot of the bestselling authors I read do this, and it drives me crazy. The advice stuck with me because I noticed that editors will catch it and make you redo entire chapters if you head hop.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

George S. Patton. He was an amazing military general, and I'd love to hear how he strategizes and reads others. He was also rumored to believe he lived past lives. That'd be interesting to hear about.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses comes to mind. Lol. 

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

A wolf. In so many ways, that is the animal I most identify with.





 Excerpt:

His dreams hadn’t done her justice, come to think of it now.

What was she doing summoning a demon—summoning him? Suddenly it irritated him to know that she’d discovered his secret. Last he’d seen of her, she’d been dabbling in demon hunting or some such thing if the scent in her house were any indication. Why would she take such a risk as to call on him?

He’d find out soon enough. “What is it that a mysterious wet goddess might want from a humble demon bargainer as me?”

Sarcasm colored his tone. Yes, Ren had warned him away from her, and now she stood before him, a supplicant. He could have had her all along in his way of thinking.

“I never suspected, you were...” She clutched the towel tighter around herself and said, “It’s not what you think.”

“If you knew my thoughts, you’d find more than a towel with which to clothe yourself.”

Buy Link:

Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment