Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Thursday, October 5, 2017

What Happened to Barbara Donlon Bradley part 2

So when I stopped writing I worried I wouldn't go back to it. I had finished with the first draft of my tenth book in the Vespian Way series. Normally I do take a break between books, but it's only a few days before I'm right back at it. With this break it was months.  Like I said part of it was morning for the loss of my mother-in-law. It got really hard on us toward the end, and I used writing to escape. Suddenly I didn't have the stress that pushed me to write.

I also haven't been feeling the warm fuzzies from my publisher recently. The sales just haven't been there and it's not from lack of advertising. I've decided to pull my titles. Now my questions are what do I do with them. Should I go the route of self publishing? Should I try to find another publisher? This are big questions and the reason I think I stopped writing. I don't know what to do.

I have no idea on how to self publish, how to find covers, getting ISBN numbers. It's all a bit daunting. So is finding a new publisher. Having to submit this books through another editing process isn't easy. What if the editor doesn't like my writing style?

I'd love to hear from you guys to see what you suggest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment