Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, May 28, 2016

My Latest Guest Is John W. Bradley III - My son! @Xaion64

Since it is a holiday weekend I don't normally have a guest on my blog but I do want to share something with everyone. My son has become a writer and asked me to edit a short he wrote. I'll warn you it's pretty raw but I loved his imagination.

Enjoy!

Let me Me Tell you a Story...


In the far future, a great cataclysm occurs, that asunders the world anew. This is one of many stories in the world after, where hundreds of legends appears. This is X Legacy The Beginning.


A man sits in a chair, with a card floating around him. He wears a black trench coat, and a black pair of eye shields that comes to a point on his cheeks. He notices your prescience.


"What are you doing here?" He thinks for a moment. "You should be in the new world, not here with me." He chuckles. "Worried about me? Sorry sweetheart, I like my solitary." He pushes up the shield with two fingers, allowing it to rest on his forehead. "The deal was I stay here and protect that little world you worked so hard to make. No worries, you’re free now go live a happy life."


The man scratches his forehead, annoyed. "Seriously I don't deserve the forgiveness you gave me... this is the least I could do." He stands up with the card still floating around him. He stretches out a hand and a portal opens up, he walks towards it. picking up a spear,


"Honestly. That war we fought... it should be forgotten. all the hell we went through, no one should remember it. only I will remember it. you don't deserve this burden." He scratches his head and walks through the portal.


The portal disappears after he and his floating card walks through. what can be seen around him is a world crumbling apart, the very fabric of space and time breaking down.


"This is my tomb. and I will watch your new world from here." Around him monsters start to appear out of the darkness. "Tch, I'm like you monsters... we die here!" Holding his spear, he charges forward to the monsters. He flips over one and stabs another with his spear, then  he turns and slashes the one he flipped over. He jumps into the air and tosses his spear into another beast. Landing on the ground, he punches two beasts in the face and kicks one across the head. Black dust swirls around him, the remains of the monsters he just killed.


"Pathetic! This world is truly dead, isn't it! Then I will wipe you ALL OUT!" He grabs the card and his spear, "UNISON! REVERSE TIGER!" He leaps into the air as a black light surrounds his body. As the light disperses, his new form can be seen. Black armaments with white stripes cover his body, His chest plate protects his chest and shoulders, with the same patterns on the sides of it. Attached to the lower part of the chest plate is a tail with the same white stripes, but at the end of it is a blade with the same design. The gauntlets around his arms are thick and strong with the black color and white stripes, With his hands in the form of black claws. His lower legs are completely covered by the armor, with claws jutting out the bottom. and underneath the armor is another layer of black protective material.


He slashes down several monsters and stabs one behind him with his tail, and he howls like a beast. "COME AT ME!  It’s only you and me in this end of the world and I’ll assure you it will take a lot more to kill me!" He pulls the tail off of his armor and it becomes a staff with a blade on each end. Using it like his spear he stabs it into One of the monsters,


“REVERSE CATASTROPHE!” He pulls a trigger and out of the end of the staff currently plunged into the chest of the monster and lets out a huge black blast that breaks the monster appart. He spins the staff around his hand, as more and more monsters start to appear. The seemingly endless horde stood up from the surroundings. He continues to fight, slamming his fists and his staff into several monsters that surround him.


The sun above him starts to fade, light begins to die from this world. And as the sun dies stars can be seen in the sky, and they to start to fade and disappear. “The end is near for you all! Your hatred… Your anger, Your fear...” the man’s eyes are filled with anger.


“IT ALL ENDS HERE! I WON’T LET YOU GET TO THE NEW WORLD!”He takes his staff and spins, blasting the monsters with the energy blaster. In his eye shield it says his ‘Sync Rate’ was falling.


“Reverse… it looks like we have to use that. Last chance… do you want to die here with me?”


A  voice comes from his helmet. “We were born in the darkness… and we shall die in the darkness…”


The man nods as all light dies. “It’s over for us partner… But… for them? For her? Nah… they are going to live in that bright new world...” He clenches his fist. “I .... We will protect them. Final Move… ADVENT UNISON!!! REVERSE APOCALYPSE.” The white stripes on his armor glows black, and a dark aura surrounds him. Cracks appear all over his armor and body. “I AM THE ECHO! The last remnant of a dead and forgotten universe… So in this instant! I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU!!!! THAT EVIL WON'T LIVE EVER AGAIN!” and the man explodes, destroying the planet he was on. As the explosion expands it destroys a fleet of dark ships in orbit and even more. He wakes up in the chair he had been sitting in. His hand on his forehead, “One Down… heh… I can’t even die right.” He takes a deep breath. His head rests on the back of the chair “I hope you guys live happy… ”

John Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment